8.08.2010

bookmark this


"Be as a bird, perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings, sings, knowing she has wings.
- Victor Hugo

{For graduation I was given a card with this quote, and this is the card that stood out the most. At that moment I didn't quite understand the choice of greeting. [I just knew I really liked it]. I expected a "Congrats, you made it!" type of greeting. Almost 3 months after graduation I understand the choice. Even though it may not seem like it at the moment, I am free. I am free to do whatever I put my mind to. I don't have anyone to respond to, my mother will always be there to support what ever choice I make. And that is all I really need. [Well and a couple thousand dollars, but that's not what matters now]. I am using it as a bookmark, just to remind myself to sing. Even when it seems the branch has broken, there is always another branch I can fly to.}

No comments:

Post a Comment